Pulled pork is a delicious way to warm up on colder nights. Serve it on a burger bun, on top of nachos, or just serve pork with some coleslaw
Ingredients You'll Need
- 1 Meridian 4½ to 5lb bone-in pork shoulder
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups Meridian Chicken & Rib BBQ Sauce
- Place onions & garlic in an even layer in the slow cooker and pour in the chicken broth.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, chili powder, salt, cumin, and cinnamon.
- Pat pork dry with paper towels and rub spice mixture all over the pork.
- Place meat on top of the onions & garlic.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on high (until pork is fork tender).
- Pour the onion mixture from the slow cooker through a strainer and return the solids to the slow cooker.
- Remove bone from pork and discard.
- Using 2 forks, shred meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker, add BBQ sauce and mix to combine.
- Taste and season with salt as needed.