Maple Ridge, B.C.
Accountant (noun/ beankeeper; ledger lover; month end majesty)
Our business is growing, and we need good help to keep it that way. We are seeking a qualified Accountant to join our head office admin team.
What you’ll be doing:
As our accountant, you’ll work with Brody, our trusted CFO and numbers guru. You’ll be churning out data reports of every kind and conducting the financial analysis we need to make sound business decisions; formulating ideas and recommendations to enhance our ability to achieve our strategic objectives. Product costing, managing payables & receivables, reconciliations, payroll, corporate tax returns for multiple corporations – none of this stuff scares you.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- CPA credentials, or you’re working toward attaining your designation (like a freight train.)
- You think like an entrepreneur, you’re a self-starter, and positively motivated.
- You like finding new and better ways of doing things.
- You smile and roll up your sleeves when the heats on and it’s time to get down to business.
- You like to have fun too.
Skills you have:
- You communicate and collaborate well.
- Experience preparing monthly, quarterly & annual reports.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Sage Quantum Accounting.
- Experience with corporate tax preparation and filing.
- Experience with financial forecasting and budgeting is a plus.
- Computer programming, another plus.
Why you should work for Meridian:
We have a fresh start-up approach to day to day business. We’re open to change, and not afraid to take risks and question status quo. We’re a team, a family, a posse – and we get a rush from the small victories we achieve together.
We offer a competitive salary, in-store discount, medical and dental coverage, and a fun and social work culture.
We’re a locally owned & operated family business with 6 locations in the lower mainland. Fresh describes everything we do, from free range and grass-fed meats raised without added growth hormones, to Ocean Wise sustainable seafood, locally harvested produce and artisan breads baked daily. Every day, our goal is to delight people’s senses with an abundant selection of the freshest food available.
Online Application Form Below
Include your salary expectation.
Please note: Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.