Grocery Assistant – Management Opportunity
Grocery Assistant (noun/ Purchaser; stacks it high, watches it fly)
Our business is all about awesome food, and we need someone to help us sell copious amounts of it to the people we love – our customers. We are seeking a full time Grocery Manager to join our Store Location store management team.
What you’ll be doing:
As grocery department manager, you’ll work closely with Bryn, our store manager and confidant, delivering the best possible experience to our customers, every day and making Meridian a happy place for all who visit. You’ll keep our shelves filled with the kinds of balanced lifestyle foods our customers are looking for. You’ll be responsible for placing orders with vendors, planning & organizing in-store promotions and displays, receiving, warehousing, merchandizing and managing your team of grocery/cashier staff that help you get the job done every day. You’ll set monthly goals for sales volumes and profitability, and lock in to crush those targets like a grocery rock star. This role also involves cashier supervision and cash handling.
Requirements for crushing it:
- You have experience in customer service. (and retail. Yes, retail!)
- You’re a genuinely happy and outgoing people person, and you get a buzz of making someone’s day.
- You’re efficient, you like to GSD (Get Stuff Done) and you know how to hustle.
- You roll up your sleeves and roll with the punches when things go sideways.
- You’re self-motivated and care about making an impact.
- You want to learn and welcome new stretching challenges and opportunities
Bonus points for:
- Previous management experience.
- Experience in purchasing.
- Talented at making really good chocolate chip cookies,.. soft ones.
Why work at Meridian?
You’ll be joining a team of friends (a family, a squad) who know the best way to get work done is to have fun doing it. Collaboration, personality, hard work, and baked goods are all wholeheartedly encouraged. We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, in-store discount, and a fresh upbeat company culture.
We’re a locally owned & operated family business with 6 locations in the lower mainland. Fresh describes everything we do, from free range and grass-fed meats raised without added growth hormones, to Ocean Wise sustainable seafood, locally harvested produce and artisan breads baked daily. Every day, our goal is to delight people’s senses with an abundant selection of the freshest food available.
How to Apply
Apply online with the form below: