This Easter will be very different for a lot of people but there is still so much to celebrate! 🐰We thought it would be a great time to do a cheery giveaway and spread some Easter happiness!🐰We are going to be giving away;
5 ~ $100 Meridian gift cards, here is how you enter to win!
🐰follow our Instagram page!
🐰like this post!
🐰tell us what you do for fun while you are staying home social distancing!
🐰share some love and tag your friends that you miss - each tag is an extra entry!
🐰share this post on your story for an extra chance to win!
🐰don’t forget to enter on our Facebook page too for extra chances to win!
Fun twist on a delicious recipe, made with rainbow carrots! Can also be made with regular carrots but the rainbow ones are so pretty!! Makes a great Easter dessert 🌷🐰 Ingredients
½ lb rainbow carrots, peeled and grated (keep some peels)
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon, ground
½ cup walnuts, chopped
½ cup raisins
¼ cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup vegetable oil
Cream Cheese Icing
2 cups cream cheese
½ cup butter, room temp
2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Coat a cake pan with butter.
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Add carrots, walnuts, raisins, buttermilk, vanilla, eggs, brown sugar and oil.
Mix until no lumps appear and then pour into the cake pan.
Bake for 25-35 minutes at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
Add vanilla and gradually add the icing sugar.
When cake has completely cooled, begin icing the cake.
Make carrot flowers by rolling carrot strips into flowers.
These are the BEST enchiladas, easy to make and they freeze well too! You can control how spicy they are by the salsa and spices you use. Swipe for a video showing how easy it is to make them!
3 free run chicken breast cooked and chopped
1 Tbls taco seasoning
2 teas cumin
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup sour cream
2 cups Salsa (split in half)
1 small can of green chilies
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 can black beans rinsed
4 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack (or a mix of both) cheese
6 soft tortilla shells
1 package of enchilada sauce or an extra 1/2 cup salsa
1. Sprinkle taco seasoning and cumin over chicken breast and bake at 375 for approx 30 min - til they reach an internal temp of 170 degrees.
2. In a large bowl add sour cream, 1 cup salsa (any kind will work) can of green chilies, can of black beans, 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese, cumin, cilantro, green onions, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add cooked and chopped chicken to the bowl and mix all ingredients together, gently.
4. Warm the tortillas (few seconds in microwave) to help them roll up easily. Add some enchilada sauce to a large plate, you can also use salsa for this part - it is just used to get the tortilla moist before rolling it up.
5. Add a tortilla to the plate and add enchilada filling (approx 1 1/2 cups) to the middle of the tortilla then carefully fold the tortilla to keep the filling inside. Transfer enchilada to a greased baking dish.
6. Top enchiladas with 1 cup of Salsa and remaining cheese.
7. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes til hot and cheese on top is bubbly.
8. Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream and sliced avocado....
Beautiful example of staying positive in such uncertain times!💙 #Repost @dimcconnell
It is hard to be "quarantined" but an upside is cooking wonderful meals in your own kitchen for an "everyday" lunch with your BF. Grandma's waffle recipe and the best sausages from @meridianfarmmarket .
🤩Stay well my friends! 😍
Beautiful and delicious. Bunches of rainbow carrots are now available at our farm markets. They make a stunning side dish and are just as delicious raw! We recommend you add them to your Easter menu!...
Do you like dip with your chicken wings? We are featuring wings for the month of April as we raise money for CAN (Canucks Autism Network). We will be donating $1 from EVERY pound of wings we sell! Below is a simple but delicious recipe to go with our wings!
4 oz crumbled blue cheese
¾ cup plain greek yogurt
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 shallot (or green onion), finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
1) In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the blue cheese.
2) Fold in the blue cheese gently.
3) Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to allow the mixture to set and become the correct temperature....
Happy World Autism Awareness Day - a day to celebrate the amazing individuals like David, that make this world a better place! For the month of April we are donating $1 from every pound of wings sold to CAN (Canucks Autism Network). We hope to beat last years total of $11, 072.22! @canucksautism...
💙💚💙 Please help us support this incredible organization that is dear to our hearts and has been a blessing to so many. $1 from every pound of chicken wings sold for the month of April will be donated to Canucks Autism Network. 💙💚💙@canucksautism...
🧑🍳In case you are finding yourself cooking more at home - we have a great, easy and delicious recipe for you. We have directions to make this shepherd pie 2 ways, with yams or regular potato. Bonus - It also freezes well! Double the recipe and save one for later.
Shepherd’s Pie 2 ways
2lbs russet potatoes peeled cubed
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup half & half (or milk)
1 teas garlic powder
1/2 teas salt
1/4 teas pepper
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Sweet Potato Topping
2 large yams peeled and cubed
2 Tbls coconut oil or ghee
1 teas salt
1/2 teas pepper
1lb Grassfed ground beef
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 cup beef broth
3 Tbls tomato paste
1 Tbls Worcestershire
1 teas Chili powder
1 1/2 Tbls flour
1 teas fresh thyme leaves(or 1 teas dry)
2 gloves garlic minced
2 carrots chopped
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper to taste
Potato topping directions:
➡️Add potato to pot and cover potatoes with water.
➡️Simmer potato til fork tender approx 15 minutes.
➡️Drain potato and add back to the pot.
➡️Add butter, cream garlic powder salt and pepper. Mash potatoes til creamy then add parmesan.
Sweet potato topping directions:
➡️Steam sweet potato til fork soft - approx 15 min.
➡️Remove from heat and add all the sweet potato ingredients to blender and blend til smooth.
Meat filling directions:
1. Brown ground beef and onion. Drain any fat.
2. Add carrots, garlic, Worcestershire, tomato paste, thyme, chili powder, salt, pepper and flour. Mix until all blended and cook for 4-5 min.
3. Add beef broth and cook til well blended. Stir in the corn and peas.
4. Add beef mixture to 9x9 dish and cover with potato or sweet potato. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
5. Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
6. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving....
❗️Health and safety update ❗️
As the Covid Crisis continues we are committed to keeping our markets as clean and safe as possible for all of our staff and customers. Here is an update on how we are doing this!
💚Plexiglass shields at all checkouts
💚No reusable bags - our plastic bags are no charge at this time
💚Please try to only touch the items you are purchasing
💚It is preferred that you shop alone (it helps keep extra bodies out of the store)
💚Seniors and compromised immune system hour is the first hour of business Monday - Friday
💚Please pay with card or tap if possible
💚Carts and baskets are being sanitized in between use
💚Gloves and sanitizer available when you arrive at our markets
💚We have full time cleaning staff sanitizing in our stores from open to close
💚6’ markers inside and outside the stores to help with social distancing - we appreciate everyone’s cooperation in keeping each other safe
💚Limited number of customers are allowed in the store at a time
💚Staff are also following social distancing so we have slightly reduced the number of staff on shift for their continued safety
💚We are looking after our staff - they are receiving “gratitude pay” an additional $2 hour during the Covid crisis period
💚If staff need time off because they are not well or are under quarantine they will continue to receive pay
We continue to be overwhelmed with the support that we have felt within the communities we live and work in. It has been a privilege to provide a safe, healthy and happy environment for everyone who comes into our markets!...