Assistant Produce Manager (noun/ vegemighty; keeper of the greens)
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in the produce biz, you’ve found it. We are seeking someone awesome and experienced in produce/grocery to join our management team at our Tsawwassen store location.
What you’ll be doing:
As assistant produce department manager, you’ll be co-leading the store in all things fruit and veg, and blowing our customers away with killer eye-catching displays, top-notch freshness, and the kind of friendly helpful service that goes beyond expectation. You’ll be responsible for training, placing orders with growers and distributors, planning & organizing in-store promotions and seasonal displays, receiving, warehousing, merchandizing and managing your team passionate produce staff every day. You’ll set your sights on sales and profitability goals and lock in to crush those targets like a juicer.
- You’re knowledgeable about fruits and greens, and have relative produce or grocery experience.
- You’re good with people, and know how to lead and inspire them to be their best selves at work.
- You’re a genuinely happy and outgoing people person, and you get a buzz of making someone’s day.
- You’re efficient, organized, and you like to GSD (Get Stuff Done).
- You roll up your sleeves and work with intensity, and you roll with the punches when the pressure’s on. Sometimes, it’s on a lot.
- You’re self-motivated and care about making an impact.
- You want to learn and welcome new stretching challenges and opportunities
- Able to work any shift, any day, including Weekends
Even better if you…
- Have management experience.
- Have natural foods experience.
Why work at Meridian?
You’ll be joining a team of friends (a family, a squad) who know the best way to get work done is to have fun doing it. Collaboration, personality, hard work, and baked goods are all wholeheartedly encouraged. We offer competitive salary, in-store discount, medical and dental coverage, and a fun and social work culture.
We’re a locally owned & operated family business with 6 locations in the lower mainland. Fresh describes everything we do, from free range and grass-fed meats raised without added growth hormones, to Ocean Wise sustainable seafood, locally harvested produce and artisan breads baked daily. Every day, our goal is to delight people’s senses with an abundant selection of the freshest food available.
How to Apply
Apply online in the form below.
Include your salary expectation.
Please note: Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. Have an awesome day!