Grocery Category Specialist
We’re seeking a new Grocery Category Specialist to join our head office team.
What you’ll be doing
As Grocery Specialist, you are queen/king of the category. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing all new listings, sourcing, pricing, promotional and merchandizing activities.
- Managing/creating overall purchase & pricing strategy for the category.
- Supporting day to day operations including daily communication and regular store visits to implement grocery program.
- Developing new private label opportunities. We LOVE private label…
- Develop/mentor/coach/train new and existing department staff. Their success is your success.
- Maintaining/create positive relationships with vendors, brokers, and distributors.
- Analyzing category effectiveness and performance, and making data driven decisions.
Why join the Team?
- We’re a family business, and we like and care about each other (…for real)
- We’ll provide all the training and ongoing support you need to succeed.
- Staff discount on all of our awesome fresh food!
- You’ll receive an additional $2 per hour “Recognition Pay” *
- We’re growing quickly, and there’s bound to be more opportunity ahead for advancement.
- Great culture! – ask our staff!
- Extended health benefits.
*In recognition for all our staff are doing to provide an essential service through the COVID-19 pandemic, all employees are receiving an additional $2 per hour added to their hourly wage. This additional recognition pay is being evaluated each week by senior management and may be altered or removed at their discretion.
Stuff that makes you awesome for this role
- You love food!
- You have grocery industry experience, with an existing network of contacts.
- You communicate and collaborate well
- You’re computer savvy – Learning new software doesn’t scare you.
- You’re experienced with Microsoft Office. (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- You care about making an impact and seek a company that values your brain and hears your ideas.
- You have disciplined time management skills.
- You want to feel appreciated and excited about coming to work!
- *Bonus* if you know anything about POS software.
We’re a locally owned & operated family business with 8 stores in the lower mainland. Fresh describes everything we do, from free range and grass-fed meats raised without added growth hormones, to Ocean Wise sustainable seafood, locally harvested produce and artisan breads baked daily. Every day, our goal is to delight people’s senses with an abundant selection of the freshest food available.
How to Apply
Please Include your wage expectation.
Please note: Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview