Our business is all about awesome food, and we need someone to help us sell copious amounts of it to the people we love – our customers. We are seeking a full time Head Cashier to join our Maple Ridge store management team.
What you’ll be doing:
As Head Cashier, you’ll follow the direction of Bryn, our store manager and confidant, delivering the best possible experience to our customers, every day and making Meridian a happy place for all who visit. You’ll work alongside a team of grocery/cashier staff, leading them to help you get the job done every day: placing orders with vendors, executing planograms for in-store promotions and displays, receiving, warehousing, merchandizing and managing your team to keep our shelves filled with the kinds of balanced lifestyle foods our customers are looking for. This role involves customer service as a cashier, cashier supervision and cash handling.
Requirements for crushing it:
- You have experience in customer service and cash handling in a retail setting.
- You’re a genuinely happy and outgoing people person, and you get a buzz off of making someone’s day.
- You’re efficient, you like to GSD (Get Stuff Done) and you know how to hustle.
- You roll up your sleeves and roll with the punches when things go sideways.
- You’re self-motivated and care about making an impact.
- You want to learn and welcome new stretching challenges and opportunities.
- You’re able to bend, twist, be on your feet and lift lots of boxes.
- You’re available to work weekends, some evenings and holidays.
Bonus points for:
- Previous management experience.
- Experience in purchasing.
- Talented at making really good chocolate chip cookies; soft ones.
Why work at Meridian?
We’ve got an upbeat company culture and team of friends (a family, a squad) who know the best way to get work done is to have fun doing it. Compensation for this position includes:
- $15.00/hr - $18.00/hr (dependent on experience)
- Personal performance reviews with wage increases, twice annually
- Extended health benefits
- Store discount
*Advancement Opportunities Available
We’re a locally owned & operated family business with 7 locations in the lower mainland. Fresh describes everything we do, from free range and grass-fed meats raised without added growth hormones, to Ocean Wise sustainable seafood, locally harvested produce and artisan breads baked daily. Every day, our goal is to delight people’s senses with an abundant selection of the freshest food available.
How to Apply
Apply online with the form below:
Include your salary expectation.
Please note: Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. Have an awesome day!