Meat Cutting Apprentices Wanted
GET PAID, TO GET A TRADE
We are seeking a new apprentice for our meat-cutting training program (paid, on-the-job training).
Our Meat Cutting Apprenticeship Program has been designed for individuals with little or no experience. Through a combination of in-store hands-on training as well as classroom instruction, apprentices will develop a skill-set required to run day-to-day meat-cutting operations in our stores.
What you’ll be doing
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Cutting and merchandising meats of all varieties
- Filling and maintaining an attractive full-service showcase display
- Preparing special cuts and custom orders
- Providing friendly helpful service to customers
Why join the Team?
- We’re a family business, and we like and care about each other (…for real)
- Staff discount on all of our awesome fresh food!
- You’ll receive an additional $2 per hour “Recognition Pay” *
- We’re growing, and there are opportunities ahead for advancement
- We provide on-the-job apprenticeship training, fully paid.
- Great culture—ask our staff!
- Extended health benefits
*In recognition for all our staff are doing to provide an essential service through the COVID-19 pandemic, all employees are receiving an additional $2 per hour added to their hourly wage. This additional recognition pay is being evaluated each week by senior management and may be altered or removed at their discretion.
Stuff that makes you awesome for this role:
- Previous meat cutting experience.
- You’re a genuinely happy and outgoing people person who enjoys customer service.
- You want to learn and welcome new challenges and opportunities
- You bring enthusiasm and are excited to come to work!
- You want to work for a company willing to invest in you.
- **Bonus if you have previous meat cutting, kitchen and/or customer-service experience.
We’re a locally owned & operated family business with 8 stores in the lower mainland. Fresh describes everything we do, from free range and grass-fed meats raised without added growth hormones, to Ocean Wise sustainable seafood, locally harvested produce and artisan breads baked daily. Every day, our goal is to delight people’s senses with an abundant selection of the freshest food available.
How to Apply
Please Include your wage expectation.
Please note: Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.