DELI MANAGER (noun/ the head cheese; swami of pastrami)
Making people happy is our thing, and everyone’s happy when they’re eating delicious food… like the kind we sell in our Meridian Deli! We are seeking a full time Deli Manager to join our Port Coquitlam management team.
What you’ll be doing:
As deli department manager, you’ll deliver ‘WOW’ with the sights, flavours and aromas from your display of delicatessen delights, and provide the best possible experience to our customers, every day. You’ll create inspiring and irresistible foodie displays. You’ll be responsible for placing orders with vendors, planning & organizing in-store promotions, receiving, warehousing, merchandising and managing your team of deli staff that help you serve. You’ll set monthly goals for sales volumes and profitability, and slice ‘n dice your way to successfully ‘meat’ your targets.
Requirements for crushing it:
- You have deli and customer service experience.
- You’re a genuinely happy and outgoing people person, and you get a buzz of making someone’s day.
- You’re efficient, you like to GSD (Get Stuff Done) and you know how to hustle.
- You roll up your sleeves and roll with the punches when things go sideways.
- You’re self-motivated and care about making an impact.
- You want to learn and welcome new stretching challenges and opportunities
Bonus points for:
- Previous management experience.
- Previous deli experience.
- Kitchen experience.
Why work at Meridian?
You’ll be joining a team of friends (a family, a squad) who know the best way to get work done is to have fun doing it. Collaboration, personality, hard work, and baked goods are all wholeheartedly encouraged. We offer competitive salary, advancement opportunities, in-store discount, medical and dental coverage, and a fun and social work culture.
We’re a locally owned & operated family business with 6 locations in the lower mainland. Fresh describes everything we do, from free range and grass-fed meats raised without added growth hormones, to Ocean Wise sustainable seafood, locally harvested produce and artisan breads baked daily. Every day, our goal is to delight people’s senses with an abundant selection of the freshest food available.
How to Apply
Apply online by filling out the application form below.
Include your salary expectation!
Please note: Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. Have an awesome day!