STORE MANAGER (noun/ storekeeper; the grand pooh-bah)
We are seeking a dynamic, exuberant, and sharp individual to join lead and manage our Mission location.
A day in the life:
As a store manager you’ll spend your time
- Leading customer service – Talking to customers, developing relationships, learning of their wants and needs, and giving them service that goes beyond their expectation, and showing your staff what Meridian’s standard of service looks like in action.
- Running store operations – overseeing all departments, supporting your managers, eliminating bottlenecks and assisting with challenges so everyone can succeed and meet the targets you set together. Daily responsibilities also include hiring, scheduling/labour management, product merchandizing, planning & implementing in-store promotions, purchasing, cash management and more.
- Staff development – Training, coaching, inspiring, and developing your staff so they can grow and be awesome. You know you’ve succeeded when you’ve helped them to become better at your job than you are. Then you can take more vacations.
- Fostering the best possible experience – Dreaming up and implementing new & creative ways to make our customers’ experience even better.
Requirements for the job:
- You have experience in retail customer service.
- You’re a genuinely happy and outgoing people person, and you get a buzz of making someone’s day.
- You’re efficient, you like to get stuff done and you know how to hustle.
- You roll up your sleeves and roll with the punches when things go sideways.
- You’re self-motivated and care about making an impact.
- You want to learn and welcome new stretching challenges and opportunities
Bonus points for:
- Previous retail management experience.
- Experience in purchasing.
- Talented at making really good chocolate chip cookies,.. soft ones.
Why work at Meridian?
- You’ll be joining a management team of friends who know the best way to get work done is to have fun doing it. We’re serious about what we do, but we’re never about ourselves.
- You’ll be directly involved in the hiring of staff for our new store.
- We offer competitive wages, benefits, in-store discount, and a fresh upbeat company culture.
We’re a locally owned & operated family business with 7 locations in the lower mainland. Fresh describes everything we do, from free range and grass-fed meats raised without added growth hormones, to Ocean Wise sustainable seafood, locally harvested produce and artisan breads baked daily. Every day, our goal is to delight people’s senses with an abundant selection of the freshest food available.
How to Apply
Apply online by filling out the application form below.
Please be sure to Include your salary expectation.
Also, please note: only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. Have an awesome day!