General Job Description
Our Fresh Lead Hand / Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all fresh products and Meat in the facility are properly cared for, held to high-quality standards, and prepared for order fulfillment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Fresh Lead hand / Coordinator oversees the daily operations of the Fresh Produce Team. They are responsible for planning the activities of the team, coaching for performance, providing support and assistance, and developing future leaders. They lead on the front line, maintaining team morale and ensuring that the pack line is always fully stocked with high-quality fresh products.
- Possess relevant IT skills in basic MS Office applications and WMS systems.
- Ability to manage tasks and prioritize time-sensitive situations in a fast-paced environment
- Lead the daily Produce and Fresh Meat department activities, from the front line
- Manage and oversee produce prep, handling, quality care, receiving, and stocking activities
- Manage meat rotation and freshness, quality care, receiving, fulfillment prep, and stocking activities
- Supports repack operations, ensures the defective product is being graded out and final products meet the quality standard
- Engage and develop the team through coaching, support, and regular feedback.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Ideally have a minimum, 1-2 years experience with quality assurance in a food production/manufacturing environment; a Thorough understanding of relevant food safety systems, and knowledge of product grade standards, methods, and techniques of produce inspection preferred.
- Your degree, diploma, or industry training in a related field will give you a foundation to build your experience.
- Experience working in Supply chain & management
- History of working with food, either in service, retail, or production role, and strong understanding of food safety and quality control processes
- Ability to work for extended periods, and entire shifts in our walk-in refrigerated coolers or freezers.
Perks of Working with Us:
- Stable and consistent work schedule.
- Fun, easy-going environment.
- TONS of opportunities to move up and grow within the company.
- Full Medical benefits.
- Discount (30% on Groceries).
- The company will pay for training if you show interest/initiative.
- And more.
Application deadline: Nov 30, 2021
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, Leading to a Management role
How to Apply
Apply online using the application form below. Please include your salary expectation.