General Requirements of Position
- Align with Meridian brand and corporate values
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- 3+ years experience in retail meat cutting
- Preference for individual to have Level 3 and/or ITA journeyman retail meat cutting certification
- Sausage making skills and experience a strong asset
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Strong leadership skills
- Positive and proactive nature
- Communicates with honesty and clarity, and creates the space for others to do the same
- Highly organized, solution-oriented, and an aptitude for multi-tasking
- Demonstrates leadership and adaptability under pressure
- Strong knowledge of various business functions including retail sales, customer service, purchasing, and quality assurance
- Passionate, energetic, and enjoys a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development
- Computer literate with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Experience with POS systems is an asset
- Food Safe Level 1
- First aid Level 1
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs continuously
- Ability to work on your feet all day, bending, leaning, crouching and walking.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time, and entire shifts in refrigerated environments (cooler or freezer)
Employee Training & Development
- Hiring and on-boarding new employees with support of company management.
- Provide all training, including meat cutting apprentice development support and oversight.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Manage labour budget, scheduling, and daily accountability.
Sales and Merchandising
- Manage product selection, quality, freshness, and packaging standards
- Meet sales goals and participate in quarterly/annual results evaluations and forecasting
- Achieve profit targets through effective planning and operational coordination.
- Ongoing research & development and new private label product innovation
What will be achieved and how will success be measured:
- Team engagement and development
- Customer Net Promoter Scores
- Customer feedback and reviews
- Department and Warehouse performance KPI’s
How to Apply
Please Include your wage expectation.
Please note: Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.