If you missed out last time here is you chance! Meridian catch of the day is Atlantic Nova Scotia Scallops - in stores this weekend while they last! Super fresh, easy to cook at home, and the best scallops you’ll ever have! Get them while you can, only here for the weekend!! Swipe for a simple video with pan searing instructions!
Simple cooking directions -
•3 Tbls grape seed oil
•2 Tbls butter
•Salt and pepper to taste
1) Pat the scallops with a paper towel to absorb any moisture
2) Heat oil in frying pan(we recommend grape seed) over medium heat.
3) Season scallops with salt and pepper on both sides.
4) When oil is hot add scallops and cook approx 3 minutes per side. Add some butter to the pan while searing the scallops.
5) Remove from heat and serve immediately with lemon butter.
Lemon Butter Recipe
•1/4 cup butter melted
•1 garlic clove minced
•juice of half a lemon
•2 Tbls parsley finely chopped
•black pepper to taste.
Mix all together and serve...
Local 🍓🍓🍓from @maanfarms arriving at all of our farm market locations tomorrow (Friday!) We have tasted them and they are incredible. This recipe showcases them perfectly
🍓 Strawberry Salsa (4 servings)
🍓1lb fresh local strawberries chopped
🍓1/2 red onion diced
🍓1 jalapeño finely diced (remove seeds for less heat
🍓1/2 cup cilantro chopped
🍓2 tsp honey (optional but so good!)
🍓Fresh cracked pepper to taste
🍓1/4 tsp salt
🍓1 tsp poppy seeds
1. Mix strawberries, onion, jalapeño and cilantro
2. Add zest from 1 lime and juice from one lime
3. Drizzle honey and add salt pepper and poppy seeds
4. Mix well - refrigerate for a few hours to blend flavours
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
10 flour tortillas
1/2 cup melted salted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teas cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Brush tortillas with butter on one side
3. Sprinkle approx 1 Tbls cinnamon sugar on each tortilla
4. Use a pizza cutter to cut tortillas in half and then into triangles
5. Place triangles on an ungreased cookie sheet (you can line with parchment paper)
6. Bake at 350F 8-10 minutes until lightly browned
7. Let chips cool for a few minutes before serving
8. Chips will last for a few days in an air right container...
Exciting news!!! The very first of the local strawberries are arriving at our farm markets. Our Maple Ridge location and North Vancouver have these local berries delivered fresh today from @maanfarms. We will keep you posted as the arrive at all our Meridian Farm Market locations. They are absolutely delicious!!...
Local warba new potatoes are arriving daily at all our farm markets! We think they taste amazing with our Meridian Garlic Rub! Check out our video for easy yummy smashed garlicky potatoes!
Ingredients (serves 4)
🧄1.5 lbs baby potatoes (warbas are perfect!)
🧄1/4 cup butter
🧄1/4 cup sour cream
🧄1 Tbls Meridian garlic rub
🧄Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Bring water to a boil (add 1 teas salt to water) and boil potatoes with skin on for approx 15 minutes - until@fork tender
2) Drain potatoes and add butter, sour cream, garlic rub and salt and pepper
3) Mash together til mixed - a few chunks are ok with these delicious creamy smashed potatoes!...
Chicken and pasta - the perfect pair. This recipe is easy and full of fresh ingredients - doesn’t get much better then that!
4 Meridian free run chicken breast - you can use skin on chicken or skinless
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup bread crumbs (or cracker)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 Tbls Italian seas
1 Tbls paprika (can use smoked paprika) for added flavour
1 teas garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with nonstick spray
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
3. Dip chicken in butter then roll in bread crumb mixture and place on baking sheet
4. Bake in oven for approx 25 min until chicken reaches internal temp of 170F
5. Boil pasta and prepare marina sauce while chicken bakes
Fresh Marinara with Pasta
1lb package of pasta of your choice
1 jar of meridian tomato sauce
1 large 28oz can of diced or crushed tomatoes
2 Tbls olive oil
1 onion finely diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbls Italian season
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/2 teas salt (or to taste)
1 teas pepper (or to taste)
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
1. Heat olive in pan and add onion cook 2-3 minutes and add garlic. Cook til onion and garlic are soft and fragrant
2. Add can of tomatoes and tomato sauce and dry spices. Cook 5 min
3. Add 1/2 the fresh parsley and basil. Reserve the second half to add at the very end of cooking, cook sauce for another five minutes then remove from stove
4. Stir in the remaining fresh herbs
5. Serve pasta and chicken onto plates and top with marinara sauce
6. Sprinkle Parmesan over top and serve...
Local produce season is our favourite.💚 This local asparagus is so incredibly tender and full of flavour. It goes perfectly with any meal! Try our recipe below - it’s so easy and tasty you may never need another asparagus recipe!
INGREDIENTS: 💚1 bunch fresh asparagus
💚3 garlic cloves, minced
💚3 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
💚2-3 Tbls of Olive Oil
💚Salt and pepper
1) Line a baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper
2) Rinse asparagus and trim ends
Spread asparagus in a single layer on the prepared baking dish
3) Toss asparagus in olive oil until well coated (so that it doesn’t stick to the parchment paper)
4) Season with minced garlic, salt, and pepper
5) Top with grated parmesan cheese
6) Bake for 8-10 minutes at 425F until asparagus is still slightly firm yet fork tender...
This weeks catch of the day is fresh, local Red Snapper! Red Snapper is a delicious mild fish with a slightly sweet and nutty flavour! It’s a great price at $2.48 100gr ~ Available at all Meridian locations but only here for the weekend while supplies last. Cooking video coming shortly - it’s very easy to cook this fish, all you need is butter and our meridian fish seasoning and a spoonful of brown sugar!...
Plant based ~ tastes great!
NEW! 100% Plant-Based Protein Burgers.
🌱These tasty Meridian burgers replicate the texture and flavour of real meat-protein
20 grams of protein per serving
2 for $9...
Plant based ~ tastes great!
NEW! Meridian 100% Plant-Based Chick'n Burger
These Meridian vegan patties boast big flavour and chicken-like texture with the bonus of being 100% plant-based and soy free 🌱
2 for $9...