The important thing to look for when buying steaks to BBQ is to make sure they are cut from the loin or rib section. Steaks cut from the hip or ’round’ may look bright red and lean, but they are tough when grilled.
Free bacon is back!! Free pound of bacon with every Butcher Bundle! That’s right, order a bundle and get free bacon!
And, all of our Butcher Bundles are customizable. You can make substitutes and have your meat wrapped up exactly the way you want! Online butcher bundle order link in bio!...
Did you know about our complimentary custom cutting? We will custom cut any meat from our counter, and it’s always no charge! Here’s a few examples of what we can do!
➡️cube meat for kabobs
➡️slice meat for stir fry ➡️cut a pocket in chicken breast for stuffed chicken
➡️cut a roast to a specific size
➡️custom cut steaks any thickness
➡️And more!! So if you are looking for something custom - just ask one of our skilled butchers! Chances are they can do it!...
This recipe is easy to whip up with our Meridian Free Run Honey Garlic Chicken Breast! PS We will cube (or slice!) your chicken for you at Meridian - it’s complimentary! .
Honey Garlic Chicken Stirfry
⅓ cup soy sauce
1 tbsp corn starch
⅓ cup honey
1 medium onion, diced 1/2"
1 ½ lbs broccoli
2 Meridian Honey Garlic chicken breasts, cubed ( we offer this complimentary service at all our locations!!) 2 tbsp olive oil (or avocado oil)
¼ cup water
3 cloves garlic, minced
Preparation & Cooking Directions
Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce. Add honey to mixture.
cut the brocoli florets into 1" pieces. Set aside with onion.
Preheat a large skillet over high heat.
When skillet is hot, add 1 tbsp oil and cubed chicken. Saute for 2 minutes to brown before flipping the chicken and cooking until golden brown and don in the centre. Remove from pan and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium-high and add remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the pan. Add onion and broccoli, stirring every 30 seconds for 3-5 minutes or until onions begin to soften and broccoli turns bright green, but is still crisp.
Add 1/4 cup of water to pan, cover and simmer for 3 minutes until water has mostly evaporated and broccoli is just tender.
Add chicken, minced garlic, and sauce into the skillet.
Stir to incorporate the honey mix, and simmer 1-2 minutes to thicken the sauce. Serve immediately....
These are not your average grapes! For the next few weeks have some extra special grapes in our farm markets. Witch Finger and Cotton Candy (they taste like cotton candy)! These delicious grapes are,
🍇full of flavour - so sweet
🍇only available for a limited time
Available at the following locations
Cotton Candy grapes are $5.99lb Witch Finger are $4.99lb....
Do you have a favourite reusable bag? We do!! This new Meridian jute bag is fantastic! Here’s what we love about this bag -
❤️It’s huge! It holds so much stuff! It measures 15” x 14” and 7” across the bottom.
❤️It has super strong handles
❤️The inside has a waxed finish that is wipeable.
❤️They fold up nice and flat for storage.
❤️They hold their shape when you pack them with groceries.
❤️It’s adorable and environmental which we love!
❤️They’re affordable at $7 each!...
❄️SNOW DAY!❄️ Cold days call for hot soup! Our Hearty Hamburger Soup will not just warm you up - it will fill you up! Check out our story for some additional recipe info!
Hearty Hamburger Soup
1 1/2lb Meridian Grassfed extra lean ground beef
3 carrots peeled and chopped
1 lb baby potatoes cut in 1/4
1/2 large onion diced
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn (or 1 can)
1 large can (28oz) of diced tomatoes not drained
1 can black beans
1 tablespoon taco seas
2 tablespoons sugar (optional but will affect the flavour)
5 cups beef broth
2 cups water
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Peel and chop carrots, chop potatoes and dice onion.
2. Brown ground beef and onion - drain.
3. Bring beef broth and water to a boil.
4. Add potatoes, carrots, taco seasoning, and sugar and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add beef corn and black beans and continue cook for 10 minutes to allow soup to thicken a little.
6. Serve with grated cheese and sour cream....
It may be winter outside but we have lots of yummy tropical fruit in our markets😎
🍍Pineapple ~ $2.98ea
🥝Kiwi ~ 5 for $4
🍍Market locations include
🥝Tsawwassen 🍍North Vancouver...
This shredded chicken recipe is super easy and very versatile. Have it in tacos, on a salad, baked potato, the list goes on...
Instant Pot (or Oven) Shredded Taco Chicken
4 Meridian boneless skinless free run chicken breast
1 cup salsa
1 cup chicken broth
1 teas cumin
2 teas Chili powder
1 teas garlic powder
3 T taco seasoning (approx 1 package) split in half
1. Put chicken in bottom of instant pot (or oven safe dish)
2. Sprinkle spices and 1/2 taco season on chicken
3. Dump salsa over top and add chicken broth
4. Add rest of taco seasoning
5. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes let slow release for 15 minutes before venting. If cooking in oven - follow the steps 1-4 but place your chicken in a baking 9x13 dish and bake at 375 for 40 min.
6. Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks while hot. Return to the yummy juices and serve with the juices.
7. Can be eaten in tacos or on a taco salad or whatever you like!...
Brussel sprouts are the perfect side dish for any meal! Check out these 2 easy and tasty ways to cook them!
Did anyone else used to HATE Brussel sprouts? 🙋🏻♀️
Well... I've been converted... I just realized I hated steamed or boiled Brussels... now I LOVE them! Either oven-roasted or panfried. So simple:
1. Panfry: Cook bacon in a large pan on medium-high heat (yes... I add 🥓 to A LOT!), remove grease and chop. Melt butter in the pan, add onions and Brussel sprouts and cook until golden brown (~ 10 mins). Season with salt and pepper to taste and add bacon. Then for that extra special... drizzle some balsamic vinegar.
2. Oven-Baked (as per the photo above)... so easy. Trim ends off the Brussels, toss in olive oil and salt/pepper. Grate fresh parmesan on top. Put them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and roast at 400 (35-40 mins) until crispy. Voila! ...