The important thing to look for when buying steaks to BBQ is to make sure they are cut from the loin or rib section. Steaks cut from the hip or ’round’ may look bright red and lean, but they are tough when grilled.
Local brussels now available at our farm markets ~ $1.98lb. We recommend roasting them - try our yummy recipe below!
1 1/2 pounds of brussel sprouts
6 slices of Meridian Double Smoked Bacon
2 Tbls olive oil
2 Tbls maple syrup
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) Clean and trim brussels sprouts
3) Place brussels sprouts in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to evenly coat
4) Pour the brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper
5) Sprinkle bacon pieces over the Brussels sprouts
6) Drizzle maple syrup over brussels and bacon
7) Roast in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time, until golden and lightly caramelized...
We are now taking turkey orders for our local, fresh, free range turkeys! $4.99lb
Our turkeys are ethically raised right here in the Fraser Valley. Trevor and Donna Allen have been long-time family friends, and raise our turkeys on Skye-Hi Farms in Chilliwack. With the freedom to roam outdoors on lush pastures, flocks are raised the way nature intended. A worthy centerpiece for your family feast! No antibiotics, steroids, or added hormones.
Cut and paste this link for online ordering or order in stores.
This Boar Chop Recipe is easy and delicious and showcases the flavours of the wild boar perfectly. Boar tastes much like pork but richer and not gamey tasting at all. Try our recipe below! Can be baked in a casserole dish if you do not have a Dutch oven!
Oven baked Boar Chops
2-3 Meridian Boar Chops
Salt & pepper to taste
2 Tbls Olive or grape seed oil
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 teas allspice
5 star anise
1 teas whole Cloves
2 whole cinnamon sticks
6 garlic cloves smashed
3-4 cups water
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Season chops generously on both sides with salt and pepper
3. Heat oil over medium high heat, sear each chop in dutch oven or cast iron frying pan - remove chops from pan
4. Shut off heat and add beef broth to deglaze the pan - then add remaining ingredients (except water) and mix well
5. Add chops back to pan and bring to a simmer then add the water til chops are almost covered
6. Place in oven for 1-2 hours depending on the thickness of your chops. Remove the chops when they reach an internal temp of 180 degrees
7. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Slice your boar chop and spoon the juice from the pan over top of your sliced boar chop. ~ Enjoy...
These are not your average pork chops! For nearly 30 years, the Hagman family has been raising European wild boars the way nature intended. These boars spend their lives on 160 acres of pasture, brush, and muskeg, with access to alfalfa and barley in the winter.
The end result is a dark meat boasting superior marbling, richer flavour, and a juicy succulence not found in standard pork. No growth hormones or antibiotics. Available for a limited time. $39.99lb