The important thing to look for when buying steaks to BBQ is to make sure they are cut from the loin or rib section. Steaks cut from the hip or ’round’ may look bright red and lean, but they are tough when grilled.
Wow Mom with these tasty smashed potatoes! A little crunch on the outside and buttery soft in the inside!
INGREDIENTS 1 1/2 pounds Little Potato Company red or yellow potatoes 1/4 cup Meridian olive oil, 1/2 package of Meridian garlic rub seasoning (you can also use 1 Tbls garlic powder) Freshly ground black pepper, to taste Salt to taste
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley,1/4 cup fresh chives chives
* Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill the pot with water until the potatoes are submerged. Bring the mixture to a boil and continue cooking until the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork (smaller potatoes take around 20 minutes, and medium ones 25 minutes).
* While the potatoes cook, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
* When the potatoes are done, drain them and let them cool for about 10 minutes
* Toss them in olive oil and meridian Garlic rub
* Place potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet, and use a potato masher or a large fork to gently smash each potato ( Thinner potatoes will be more crispy!)
* Drizzle 1/4 cup of butter over the smashed potatoes and top with freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
* Bake until the potatoes are nice and golden about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle them with fresh herbs and chives....
UPDATE - ALL 10 gift cards in Walnut Grove have been found!! Thanks for participating this weekend. Next weekend South Surrey and Tsawwassen!
Hey treasure hunters - it’s time to get hunting for Meridian treasure!! We’ve changed it up this week in hopes of giving more people the opportunity to participate. We also won’t be offering any clues to start - just the locations!! A few things to remember while hunting;
- Be sure to tag us when you find a red envelope so we can keep everyone updated!! It’s more fun when we know how many cards are out there still! We can also tell you the value of the gift card if you let us know what # envelope you have
- stay on the walkways and paths and within the parks
- Nothing is hidden on private property. All envelopes are on public property
- Please do not disturb nature, every envelope is reachable from the pathway or within the park
- Please do not park in no parking zones or blocking driveways
- Please only take one envelope per family. We want as many as possible to join in the fun
- Please don’t leave any garbage behind
- Most importantly have fun ~ happy hunting!!
In Walnut Grove we have 5 locations and there are 2 gift cards hidden at every location. No hints to start!! The 5 locations are
1. McClughan Park (across from Dorothy Peacock)
2. Dorothy Peacock Park
3. Gordon Greenwood Elementary
4. James Kennedy Park
5. Walnut Grove Community Center...
Local tomatoes are now in season and this salad showcases them beautifully! Great additional to your Mother’s Day menu!
Heirloom or roma tomatoes
Soft ripened mozzerella
Fresh Meridian basil
Meridian Olive oil
Nona Pia’s balsamic glaze
Salt to taste
1. Slice tomatoes and mozzarella approx 1/4” thick
2. Layer tomato, mozzarella, basil and repeat
3. Drizzle with Meridian olive oil and balsamic glaze
4. Sprinkle with salt to taste!
5. Refrigerate or eat right away...
❤️ Weekly Specials ❤️
California Strawberries, B.C. Wild Sockeye Salmon, Meridian Bagels, Breakfast Sausages, Local Heirloom Tomatoes, Local Abbotsford Asparagus, 100% Grass-fed Beef Tenderloin Steaks, Fresh Atlantic Sea Scallops, Local Raspberry Apple Juice and more!
View all Weekly Specials here: https://meridianfarmmarket.ca/specials/
Prices in effect Thurs May 6 to Wed May 12, 2021. Visit us at 1 of our 8 locations: https://meridianfarmmarket.ca/contact-us/...
Cooking Salmon on cedar planks gives it a delcious smokey flavour that goes perfectly with this Greek style Sockeye Salmon. Great recipe for celebrating Mom!
Greek Sockeye Salmon on Cedar Planks
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
Fresh Dill sprigs
4 Wild Sockeye Salmon fillets (6 if you use smaller fillets)
salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
FOR GREEK TOPPING
1/3 cup Meridian olive oil
Juice of 2 lemons
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp Italian season
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes ( add more for more spice)
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup crumbled feta
1 pint Meridian grape tomatoes quartered
1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
1 cup chopped cucumbers
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
2 tbsp freshly chopped dill
Soak the cedar planks for at least two hours in warm water (longer is better)
Meanwhile, make topping: In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Season with pepper and add feta, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, chopped red onion, and dill. Gently mix
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Place the sliced lemon and red onion on the soaked cedar planks. Add salmon fillets, skin side down, to cedar plank. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
Shut off the elements on the side you are placing the planks, leave the elements on medium high on the other side of the bbq. Place the planks on the grill and close the lid. Grill until flaky, approx 15-20 minutes. (you can also bake the salmon in the oven on the soaked cedar planks at 375 for approx 20 minutes.) Internal temp of salmon should reach 145 degrees F
To serve: Place the salmon on a bed of arugula or spring mix and generously top with the greek topping, serve with fresh lemon....
💐Treat Mom to a bagel board brunch this Mother’s Day!💐
These bagel boards are fun, easy and sure to please everyone! You can load them with your family favourites! Swipe to watch us put this board together. Below are some of the must have items on our bagel board!🥯
🥯Variety of Meridian Bagels!
🥯Deli meat - we love salami and prosciutto
🥯Soft cheese (we love Comox Brie and Boursin)
🥯Meridian smoked salmon cream cheese spread (found in our meat counters and made fresh in store!)
🥯Hard boiled eggs sliced
🥯Red onion thinly sliced
🥯Tomato sliced (heirloom would be stunning!!
🥯A few sauces - we love Dijon mustard and blue top honey chipotle sauce!
🥯Fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries!!)
🥯Meridian peanut butter
Be creative and be sure to include Mom’s favourites!!...
MOTHER’S DAY GIVEAWAY – DRAWING 5 WINNERS 🌸
Each winner will receive a hanging basket and a $100 gift card to Ralph’s/Meridian Farm Market (valid at any of our 8 locations). The Plant Place Nursery is now open for the season and set up behind Ralph’s Farm Market in Murrayville at 22728 Fraser Hwy in Langley. They have a beautiful selection of plants, flowers, veggie starts, trees, hanging baskets and much more!
HOW TO ENTER: ⠀
Head over to the post at @ralphsfarmmarket ‘s page and see instructions to enter on the post on their page!
5 winners will be randomly selected on Thursday May 6 and will be notified by commenting on their entry. Winners must respond to us within 48 hours to claim your prize. Please note: Pick up prize will be at Ralph’s Farm Market and The Plant Place.
Note: this picture was captured a few years ago 💕...
Friday April 30th is the final day of our CAN fundraiser and we want to finish with a bang!!💙💚💙
Meridian will match all donations made at the til on Friday April 30th. If you would like to make a donation we can add it to your bill at any of our 8 Meridian and @ralphsfarmmarket locations! Thank you for all the support you have shown us this month as we have raised funds for this incredible organization! @canucksautism 💙💚💙
Please note donations can be in the form of debit, credit or cash...
Our Meridian head office CAN challenge continues!! 💙💚💙 Brody McDearmid is working at several of our markets today as a cashier and this was his first customer of the day! Brody started working at Meridian at the age of 16 in customer service and then become a meat cutter! He is now the company CFO. Brody is also the person who started our fundraising campaigns with CAN ~ see his story below 💙💚💙 @canucksautism
As a child I loved playing sports and as a parent I was excited to watch my children play sports as well. When our son David was diagnosed with Autism at age 4, I came to realize that playing on a sports team probably wasn’t in his future. While I knew that I would miss out on the experience of watching my son play on a sports team, I was more upset that David would most likely not get to have the experience of playing sports. Shortly after David’s diagnosis, we were introduced to the Canucks Autism Network (CAN).
One of the first activities David participated in was soccer. My son was learning soccer drills, playing with peers and coaches and experiencing all that I hoped he would experience in sports. Since then, he has also participated in swimming and skating lessons multiple times. CAN has always done an amazing job of supporting, coaching and encouraging David in his activities. As a family we feel forever indebted to them for the experiences they have, and continue to provide for David!
Join us for our Spring Treasure Hunt! Starting this Saturday May 1st - we will be hiding Meridian gift cards valued at $100 - $225 in your local parks! Stay tuned for more info to follow tomorrow .......