Creamy Feta Chicken Pasta
Meridian’s version of the viral tomato feta pasta!! We’ve added a few twists and our Mediterranean chicken breast. It’s still simple and absolutely delicious. It makes a great weekday meal!
Prep time 15 min.
Cook time 45 min.
- 1 Lb of Dry Pasta of your Choice
- 4x Meridian Mediterranean Chicken Breast
- 2x Pints of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Block of Feta Cheese (Goat or Cow)
- 4x Cloves of Garlic Cut into a Few Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Meridian Olive Oil Plus 1 Tbls
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves Chopped (Approx 10)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes (Optional)
- 2x Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F - In a 9 x 13 baking dish add tomatoes, 1/2 cup of olive oil, dry spices, garlic and 1/2 of the basil (reserve other half of basil til the very end). Mix well.
- Add feta cheese to the centre of the dish and add 2 Tbls olive oil to the top of the feta cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in preheated oven.
- Boil pasta and follow the directions to cook your pasta (use salted water). Reserve some of the pasta water to thin out the sauce if it is too thick.
- After the tomato feta dish has been baking for 15 minutes, add your chicken to the oven on a separate baking sheet and continue cooking both dishes for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove both dishes from the oven and mix up the feta tomato dish til it is creamy and well mixed. Add cooked pasta to the tomato dish and mix well. If it is too thick add a little bit of the pasta water til it reaches the consistency you like.
- Slice chicken and place on top of the pasta.
- Top with fresh basil and parmesan and enjoy!! Goes perfectly with Meridian garlic bread!