Returning to Western Canada
100% Grass-Fed Wagyu Steaks
Serve the best steak in the world. Period.
Wagyu is the Rolls Royce of beef, the food of Emperors and Samurai warriors. Our grass-fed & finished Wagyu ribeyes are sweet, nutty, juicy, tender and just downright delicious.
Meridian Wagyu facts:
- Bred from 100% Wagyu bulls, grass-fed & finished.
- Won Gold at the 2019 World Steak Challenge in Dublin.
- Dubbed "Best Beef in the World" by Forbes Magazine in spring 2019. Read the article.
- Available for the first time in Western Canada (exclusively limited supply.)
Know your Marble Score. (Geek out!)
- Our Wagyu steaks are hand-cut ribeyes with a marble score of 6, which means they're rich and buttery without being overwhelming. It's the same marble score that took home the gold.
Meridian Wagyu is a specialty product with seasonal and/or limited availability. Please contact us for more info.
Tips for the Chef
Salt, Heat & Wagyu Fat
The marbling in Meridian grass-fed Wagyu makes it very forgiving. It is at its juiciest and most tender when the fat is melted throughout the meat, so we recommend cooking it medium rare to medium. Here are a few simple tips to help you on your way.
Don't cook from cold
- An hour before cooking, remove your Wagyu from the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature. This allows the meat to cook more evenly and faster.
Don’t be afraid of salt
- Once at room temperature, season your Wagyu with coarse salt and pepper.
Salt, heat and Meridian Wagyu fat equals crispy and delicious
- Searing the surfaces of steaks will help them to retain moisture during cooking and results in a nice caramel colour. Sear your Wagyu in a pre-heated pan for 1 minute on each side, before moving to a moderate heat to finish cooking.
- Remove your Wagyu just before it is fully cooked. Let it rest in a warm place for 5 minutes. Resting the meat allows the juices to redistribute evenly, ensuring a tender, juicy experience.
& Perfectly Marbled...
Questions? Special requests? Drop us a line: