Arriving fresh in stores today!🐟Arctic Char has a flavour profile between salmon and trout. Our Whitehorse-farmed Arctic Char offers not only a distinctive rich taste, but also a delicate and easy-to-crisp skin. Recommended by Ocean Wise as a sustainable seafood. $4.48 100gr while supplies last...
🥗Calling all Salad lovers! 🥗
This is the only salad recipe you need all summer! So fresh, so easy and so delicious! Could easily be made into pasta or quinoa salad by simply doubling the dressing! You could also add grilled chicken or beef for a full meal.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
1 cup Cucumber chopped small
1 red pepper chopped small
3 sticks celery chopped small
1/2 red onion diced
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1 can chickpeas (or top with our crispy chickpea recipe)
1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbls red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 teas salt
1/4 teas fresh pepper
1/4 teas red pepper flakes
1) Chop all of the salad ingredients. One of the keys to a good Mediterranean salad is chopping the veggies up small. This way they get nicely coated in the delicious fresh dressing.
2) Mix salad ingredients together in large bowl.
3) Whisk together all the dressing ingredients and pour over salad. This salad will keep for a few days in the fridge.
4) If topping with chickpeas - sprinkle crispy chickpeas on top of salad after you pour dressing on....
When you are craving restaurant food - try recreating your favourites at home 👩🍳 We think @carriescuisines did an amazing job of this Zuppa Toscana!! #Repost @carriescuisines
Zuppa Toscana made with mild Italian sausages from @meridianfarmmarket Just need some breadsticks!...
Chickpeas!! Healthy and delish when roasted. They are vegan, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free! Try our recipe below for the perfect crispy roasted chickpea - these are so tasty on salads too! We will be sharing a favourite salad recipe later today!
1. preheat oven to 350
2. Rinse chickpeas and fill bowl with water - rub chickpeas between your hands to remove peel this will not damage the chickpea
3. Remove the peels from water and drain the chickpeas - dry well
4. Pour into a bowl and coat with 1 Tbls olive oil
5. Line cookie sheet with parchment and roast chickpeas for 25-30 minutes
6. Dump chickpeas into a bowl did other Tbls olive oil and add spices, (note you can try any combination of spices you like so be creative!) toss til well coated
7. Bake at 400F another 10-15 minutes until they are as crispy as you want them
8. Store in a container or ziploc bag at room temp...
‼️Health and Safety Update‼️ We thought it would be good to revisit our health and safety procedures at Meridian, the health and safety of both our staff and customers is our top priority. All of the Covid 19 procedures that we have implemented are still in place as we strive to provide you with a safe and pleasant, shopping experience at all of our Meridian locations!
✔️first hour of business is reserved for elderly and immune compromised, we do not require proof just ask that this hour be left for those who need it
✔️limited number of staff and customers in the store at one time - we have full time staff at the door who will regulate this
✔️we have gloves available for those who want them - it is not required but we recognize this makes some people more comfortable
✔️we have full time sanitization staff in each store everyday- they clean the carts and baskets between each use and regularly wipe down all high touch surfaces
✔️ we have trained our staff to respectfully maintain 6’ from customers as well as other staff members we ask you to please do the same
✔️our staff are asked not to come into work if they have any signs of illness - they will receive their full pay for any sick time that is needed
✔️we are providing plastic bags free of charge - if you chose to bring in reusable bags you will be asked to bag your own groceries
✔️our plexiglass glass barriers are still in place and will remain there for the foreseeable future
✔️ it is preferred that you shop alone just due to the limited number of bodies allowed in store, however we realize and understand this is not always possible
✔️ we do accept cash however we would prefer you pay with card when possible
✔️we are not able to take back glass bottles for refunds at this time
✔️although several of the larger companies have discontinued the $2 hour additional hazard pay - we are continuing to pay this to our employees
We want to remind everyone to be kind and non-judgmental towards each other as we are all still navigating through this unprecedented and challenging time, as best we can. We have seen communities truly come together and support one another as well as your local businesses❤️...
We have a new favourite dressing! Great for garden salads, pasta salads or as a marinade for veggies or chicken! PRIMAL KITCHEN® Green Goddess Dressing will make you fall in love with a new favorite! It’s a creamy combination of coconut aminos, spicy tarragon, organic dijon mustard and organic apple cider vinegar. On special for $7.98
💚Paleo and Keto friendly
💚 Made without soy
💚and with pure avocado oil...
If you missed out last time here is you chance! Meridian catch of the day is Atlantic Nova Scotia Scallops - in stores this weekend while they last! Super fresh, easy to cook at home, and the best scallops you’ll ever have! Get them while you can, only here for the weekend!! Swipe for a simple video with pan searing instructions!
Simple cooking directions -
•3 Tbls grape seed oil
•2 Tbls butter
•Salt and pepper to taste
1) Pat the scallops with a paper towel to absorb any moisture
2) Heat oil in frying pan(we recommend grape seed) over medium heat.
3) Season scallops with salt and pepper on both sides.
4) When oil is hot add scallops and cook approx 3 minutes per side. Add some butter to the pan while searing the scallops.
5) Remove from heat and serve immediately with lemon butter.
Lemon Butter Recipe
•1/4 cup butter melted
•1 garlic clove minced
•juice of half a lemon
•2 Tbls parsley finely chopped
•black pepper to taste.
Mix all together and serve...